HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
We hope you had a lovely festive season and enjoyed some precious moments with friends and family :) Yes, it’s that time of year again when New Years resolutions are made and hopefully adhered to, but if you’re struggling to set a few fitness related ones, here are 5 simple steps for you to follow to help you kickstart 2015 the way you want to...
1. Move more in your daily life - this can be as simple as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walking to the shops instead of driving, or spending an hour at the gym
2. Make exercise more fun - why not try a new class at the gym or exercise with a friend or loved one. Research shows that exercising with a buddy increases motivation, allowing you to train harder!
3. Keep a food and exercise journal for 2 weeks - this will force you to think twice about snacking or missing a session at the gym
4. Perform 3 high intensity cardio workouts a week - this will boost your metabolism and increase your fitness levels
5. Perform 2 - 3 strength training sessions a week - research shows that strength training can help you burn fat for longer and increasing your lean muscle mass will also speed up your metabolism.